International College Bound Program
(Program currently on hold)
“No matter how high the cost of education…the price of ignorance will always be greater.”
“Several million dollars in scholarship funds go unclaimed each year throughout the U.S. because no one applies for them.”
1. To provide hands-on college and career readiness support as preparation for academic and social success at a post secondary institution of higher learning
2. To support and empower disadvantaged youth
3. To increase global literacy, cultural awareness & 21st century skills
(global competence, collaboration, critical thinking & problem solving).
4. To provide students with international and multicultural educational opportunities
5. To provide a broad range of knowledge and experiences to better prepare students
for college and careers in a 21st century global economy
6. To stimulate students’ intellectual ambition and curiosity
7. To expand global awareness and develop students’ multicultural & global perspective
8. To help students gain a greater cultural consciousness, understanding, and sensitivity
9. To give students a competitive edge in their pursuit of higher education
and other post-secondary endeavors
10. To enable learning by doing and provide real life, hands-on, collaborative, student-centered and project-based learning experiences.
11. To broaden career prospects and break down social, economic, and cultural barriers
12. To increase confidence and independence
13. To show how the world’s economies are interconnected and prepare
students to meet 21st century challenges
14. To create a broader view of the world and its opportunities
15. To encourage students to think broadly, beyond the
boundaries of their communities
16. To help students discover meaningful ways to contribute to a global society
17. To help students realize their own intimate connection to the world
18. To enable exposure to social, economic and environmental challenges
locally, nationally and internationally
19. To enable students to make global connections and new discoveries
20. To increase tolerance and help students embrace diversity and celebrate differences
21. To develop the whole child, academically, socially and personally
22. To instill hope and inspire students to reach their full potential
23. To accelerate learning and academic success
24. To show students the world!
The International College Bound Program prepares student participants for academic success at a post secondary institution by providing college and career readiness support consisting of College & Career Counseling, Goal Setting, FAFSA completion, Scholarship Research and Application assistance, ACT/SAT preparation, College visitations and college tours, NCAA navigation, Homework & Tutoring resources, Study Skills, Interview Skills, Etiquette Training, Resume and Essay writing and Portfolio development.
Student participants will experience a customized Educational Tour Abroad to Japan through EF Educational Tours, where they will explore the differences in American vs. Japanese educational systems and culture.
The program is student centered and global education centered with a focus on hands-on, real life experiences as well as global literacy, 21st century skills (global competence, collaboration, critical thinking & problem solving), outward bound educational opportunities, volunteerism and community service. The program is designed to build self-esteem, broaden perspectives and develop globally-minded, community conscious and solution-oriented leaders, thinkers and doers who become major contributors to their communities and to a global society. www.studentsgoingglobal.org/about-us
The program utilizes local, national and international outward bound educational opportunities, community outreach projects, foreign language tutorials, cultural study programs, internships, virtual tours, group projects, pen pals & videoconferencing abroad, media, technology, mentors, motivational speakers, success coaches, videos, books, movies, documentaries and global education resources, including purchasing a passport, travel abroad tips, safety tips, packing tips and responsible traveling tips to prepare students for a 21st century global economy and an educational, safe and worry free trip abroad. The program requires the following:
1) Participation in a Student/Parent Orientation prior to program enrollment
2) The creation and presentation of Group PowerPoint Presentations based on the students’ experiences abroad within 3 weeks of their return date
3) The creation & presentation of Individual WeShare Videos/www.eftours.com/weshare based on the students’ experiences abroad within 3 weeks of their return date.
Please contact our International College Bound Program Director for additional information or questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Requirements / Apply